Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

My Sunshine.

Haven't gushed in awhile, and since it's coming to its official end tomorrow, I think he deserves a gush.

He's the sort of guy who gives me presents just because, who brought me a 12-pack of ginger ale when I was sick because he'd remembered months ago when I mentioned that ginger ale was my go-to sick drink. He's the sort of guy who likes dressing up as much as I do. Who met me for lunch frequently and happily took as many pictures together as I wanted.

He's the sort of guy who read every book I recommend to him and sends me long texts about said literature and his thoughts. On that note, he's the sort of guy who texts me good morning, calls when he says he will. Calls even when he doesn't say he will, just because the sound of my voice makes him happier. And the sound of his makes me smile and laugh, all the way into my soul.

He's the sort of guy who is a science nerd-- but thinks my literary, metaphorical mind is beautiful. Can't get enough of my ramblings. He's the sort of guy who talks more than I do, which is a feat. We never get enough. We talk for three hours on the phone and still have things to say. I called him yesterday to cheer him up and we ended up talking about how words are just scratches on the page. How did that happen?

He's the sort of guy who has never been anything but honest about the fact that he loves his daughter more than anyone, that she will always be priority number one. And I wouldn't have it any other way. No matter how sad our complications and our real world priorities make me, I look at him with such respect and admiration: she will always be first. Always.

But he's the sort of guy who told me "I love you, Glenna, I am in love with you." Who I felt insanely, truly comfortable with from the minute he first kissed me. Who, the day after said kiss, texted me all day and then, on my way home from work, asked if he could stop by to see me before heading to his job. Who texted me first the day after we had sex for the first time. Who rolled over the morning after he told me he loved me and said, "I meant it. I mean it." Honesty comes so naturally with him. Comfort comes so naturally with him. From day one, I've felt relaxed around him. I don't stop eating when I'm in his presence. I don't worry about being good enough or bright enough or anything enough. I just am.

He's the sort of guy who give exceptional comfort to me: indulging my sadness but reminding me of the hard truths. And who, miraculously, I am able to comfort instinctively. I give him comfort. I love that.

He's the sort of guy with whom, because of all the things above, I have incredible, satisfying, passionate, intimate sex with. And it is so good.

He is a real life person that I real life love, for all of his own reasons. But it is inescapable that the biggest thing he has given me was the reminder that I can still fall in love, that better things are still coming. All of a sudden I was heading down a bad road, headed towards a bad place. And he was an detour that changed the journey. For the better. I like eating. I like not thinking about how to comfort or be comforted. I like laughing at the same jokes.

I like that we help each other, in ways too big and too numerous to write here. I don't know what comes next on my path, on his path. But I'm so grateful he was on mine. He is sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment